Wednesday, May 25, 2005

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS EAT SCRAPPLE!!


Posted by Hello

Walking amongst the frozen food I accidentally ran into frozen Scrapple. More accessible for your family’s consumption. Now you don’t have to go to a greasy spoon diner to cure your hankering for this death meat. Let me just say I love meat. I do it’s true I love meat so much I eat my steak rare. Blood purple!! Barely cooked. I am not a prude when it comes to meat, but when I first sampled scrapple sometime ago, I almost smashed my face against a hot blazing griddle to melt the pain away from my tongue.



If you hate your life and you want to die please try Scrapple suicide. You will die from the taste alone!!!


Ingredients:
1 lb. pork liver
2 each Pig's feet
1/2 lb. pork heart
1 1/2 lbs. boneless pork scraps
2 1/2 qts. water
1/4 tsp. ground sage
1/8 tsp. ground allspice (optional)
Salt & pepper to taste
3 c. buckwheat flour
3 c. cornmeal
Directions:
Place liver, heart & scraps in deep kettle. Cover with water. Boil until very tender. Drain meat, reserve. Chill broth and remove fat from surface. Trim meat and grind fine. Return broth and ground meat to kettle; add seasonings. Bring to boil. Combine buckwheat flour and cornmeal. Trickle mixture slowly into boiling broth, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Lower heat and cook, stirring very frequently, for about 1 hour, or till mix is very thick and comes off the sides of the kettle. Rinse small bread pans or molds with cold water. Pour hot scrapple into them. Cool. When cold, cut into slices and fry in shortening until crisp and brown on both sides.
Nutritional/Serving Info:
12 to 16 servings.

p.s. This is an actual recipe that I found online!! There were many more concoctions available, but this one seemed like the king scrapple recipe of all!!!