Tuesday, April 19, 2005

The Brilliance of Melt-Banana!



Every so often you read a book, watch a movie, listen to a band that causes tingles to chill down your spine. This was the case last evening when I got the chance to experience Melt-Banana live. HOLY FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What an amazing ear piercing, mouth gapping, eye gazing event!! Their speed and accuracy was impeccable, from rapid fire drums to a guitar that bleeds your emotions like a slit throat deer. I was hanging upside down draining in awe last night, excited by the fact that I was 2 inches form the bass player who stood 4'11" and pounded the shit out of a bass that was as tall as her. I was so close I smelt her sweat and shampoo as she snapped her head wildly up and down. They had energy, stamina, strength, style, ideas and brilliant coordination that was displayed perfectly on set.

Thanx DT (I love you) for experiencing it with me!!! I am happy someone did because I start going off to people about how amazing Melt-Banana were and they walk away!! Here in blog world you're a captive audience!!! I have you trapped you until you click free from my gibberish grip that so many people walk away from.

If you do get a chance to see them I advice you do. Even if you don't like the music seeing them perform is a treat of it's own. Sorta like a GWAR show (I am a big GWAR fan) to be sprayed, by fake puss, bile, chunks, maggots, and gallons upon gallons of blood is a wonderfully fun experience. I have been to 3 GWAR shows and you just have to goooo to get red. Ok I digress!! It's the ADD!! Suuuuuuuuuuureee I better get medicated quick!!! I attached Melt-Banana's American tour schedule for your perusing. If you do see them, let me know!! I want to hear how it affected you!!!

p.i.s.s. if you are intrested about their sounds, e-mail me and I will gladly send you an MP3

19-Apr New York, NY Eisner and Lubin Auditorium, NYU Kimmel Center c
20-Apr New York, NY Knitting Factory c
21-Apr Cambridge, MA Middle East Downstairs c
22-Apr Providence, RI Living Room c
23-Apr Northampton, MA Iron Horse c
24-Apr Ithaca, NY Noyse Community Center c
25-Apr Rochester, NY Bug Jar c
26-Apr Pittsburgh, PA Brew House c
27-Apr Cleveland, OH Grog Shop c
28-Apr Columbus, OH Little Brother's c
29-Apr Newport, KY Southgate House c
30-Apr Louisville, KY Headliners Music Hall c
2-May Detroit, MI Magic Stick c
3-May Lansing, MI Mac's Bar c
4-May Bloomington, IN Rhino's c
5-May Chicago, IL Abbey Pub c
6-May Madison, WI Club 770 - Union South c
7-May Minneapolis, MN 7th Street Entry c
8-May Rapid City, SD Quality Inn c
10-May Bozeman, MT Zebra cocktail lounge c
11-May Missoula, MT Area 5 c
12-May Seattle, WA Neumos Crystal Ball Reading Room c
13-May Olympia, WA China clipper c
14-May Portland, OR Dante's c
15-May Eugene, OR Wow Hall c
17-May San Francisco, CA The Independent c
18-May tba
19-May Pomona, CA Glass House c
20-May West Hollywood, CA Troubadour c
21-May San Diego, CA Casbah c
22-May Mesa, AZS Hollywood Alley c
23-May tba
24-May Salt Lake City, UT Kilby Court c
25-May Denver, CO Larimer Lounge c
27-May Denton, TX Hailey's c
28-May Austin, TX Emo's - Austin c
30-May Houston, TX Mary Jane's Fat Cat c
31-May New Orleans, LA House of Blues New Orleans c
1-Jun Tallahassee, FL Beta Bar c
2-Jun Tampa, FL Orpheum c
3-Jun Orlando, FL Will's pub c
5-Jun Gainsville, FL Common Grounds c
6-Jun Atlanta, GA Variety Playhouse c
8-Jun Knoxville, TN Pilot Light c
9-Jun Raleigh, NC Kings Barcade c
10-Jun Richmond, VA Alley Katz c
11-Jun Korfolk, VA The Blue Plate c
Posted by Hello