Tuesday, February 01, 2005

I Need New Strings

The calluses on the tips of fingers are lessoning,
meaning lack of playing.
In a way,
its better then practicing incessantly like a mental patient.
Trying to out do myself and everyone else.
Besides I need new strings.
Broke the big E with a “Gruuunnnngggg" (fade out)
Donny and Jed stop,
look at me and ask, “Again?”
I Reply “Yeah”
like a 5 year old getting caught out for spilling milk.
It’s my over zealous wrist, finger and pick.
Trying to keep time,
with the beat supplied,
and the words in my mind.
I break more strings then I blow tubes in the tires of my bike.
It’s probably my lack of skill.
The blood from my thumb tells the tale.
Peeled back like a banana reveling pinkish flesh.
Sticking my hand in a cheeses grater,
pieces of me shot through out the room.
I am mangled yet intact.
Still as one,
defiled with some assembly required.
I am cut off like a drunk in a bar,
one more then you have to go home.
I need strings and the summer is coming.
warm hands and longer days.
I am ready now,
steady,
and able to start going.