Tuesday, March 29, 2005

The Day Death Moved Next Door

Ok check this weirdness out…

The death toll rises in my neighborhood
so close you can connect the dots.
Neighbor to neighbor,
our kind drop like flies,
in a line, single file.

In a month’s time…

Death one: Neighbor directly behind me loses her brother of 40 something. Cause of death, undisclosed.

Death Two: The neighbor directly right of me dies from old age at 85. I find out about her death while signing cremation papers for Zoë during our time of loss. The Funeral Home guy told me that our neighbor died because he did her funeral!!?? Weird right??!!

Death Three: Zoë died form some crazy random brain/head underdevelopment thing. I have no brain how come I survived?!?!?!

Death Four: The nighbor directly left of me son dies at 17!!!! Cardiac arrest!!! I find this out arriving home from Boston on Saturday when the neighbor to the right of me told me. We both joked that our town was destined for death.

4 deaths, 4 weeks, 1 month. What an average. Who dies next?
If death comes knocking and asks to borrow my weed whacker I am going to tell him no and see if he has any job openings!