Monday, August 15, 2005

Medicine Head and Temporary Illusions Prevail

Mercy red,
with her protective hand,
said to stay clear of the liver.
The liver,
damn liver.
Spine tingly ecstasy,
dropped a cannonball in the turret.
Mesmerizing like Kevlar,
i’m stronger then Tupperware.
Light me a blaze,
head light dazed.
Eyes dilated,
I look afraid.
Lost in a mission,
objective not completed.
Now where did I put my keys?
Miss placed my brain cells,
dead in tiny body bags.
Packed away underground,
camping with the Calvary.
The bugs that invade my skin,
I can feel them now.
Caressing,
coursing while biting,
sticking,
itching while taking,
holes burrowed,
dug pierced and pressed.
I’m their food silo,
a cookie jar source.
This is black magic,
I am above now.
The hollow bellow of owls,
echoing in reverb.
sounds tinny,
as your about to fade.
Loud adjusted magnitudes of volume,
promise to pour me another drink.
I am length wise,
flat beneath the sink.
The mirror was a bad idea.
Stoned like medusa,
kept in stasis.
Shocked petrified,
sticky paralysis.
I shouldn’t have looked,
made eye contact with myself.
I didn’t like what I saw,
and neither did I.
Both ashamed.
we turned away.
Dizzy,
inflicted,
gravity pulled me close,
and told me a secret…

sleep tight